Re: A proposal; making 2.6.20 a bugfix only version.

From: Martin J. Bligh
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 06:01:32 EST

That's no excuse, as Adrian pointed it out on LKML since weeks.

Also the kernel.org bugzilla has a real flaw:

There is no way to get informed of new entries automatically and
filtered by Category and Component. At least I did not find a way and
bugme-admin@xxxxxxxx seems to be a black hole.

There is one list, bugme-new, that gets a copy of all bugs. The category
and component are broken out in headers simply so that you can filter it
yourself in whatever way you like.

Other than that, we can make each category owned by a "virtual user",
(many are already), and then multiple people can do an email watch on
that user.

bugme-admin alias should not be a black hole ... I get a copy of all
emails, as do a few other people. I don't recall seeing email from you
recently, but possibly a problem with spam filtering or something. If
you're having trouble, please send email directly to me if stuck.

M.