Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Fwd: [Suspend-devel] resume not working on acer ferrari 4005 with radeonfb enabled

From: Stuffed Crust
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 08:45:09 EST

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 12:49:06PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> There are many possible reasons for that. The most likely is that the
> BIOS isn't bringing the chip back on resume, causing radeonfb to
> crash when trying to access it.

I have the same laptop, and it also crashes for me on resume when
radeonfb is loaded. However, it also crashes on a resume when radeonfb
*isn't* loaded, so I hardly considered that a regression. :)

> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 07:50:17PM +0100, Christian Hoffmann wrote:
> > when I have radeonfb enabled, my laptop (X700 ati mobility) doesnt resume
> > anymore. Screen stays black and nothing works anymore, no capslock light, no
> > ctrl alt sysreq b etc. I tried all kind of things vbetool, passing
> > acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode to the kernel. Nothing seems to work.

...but it used to work? Now that's interesting; this is the first
report I've heard of a suspend-to-RAM (and subsequent resumes) working
on that machine.

> > You can see dmesg output and lspci -vv output here
> > http://christianhoffmann.de/temp/radeon.log
> > http://christianhoffmann.de/temp/lspci.log

Can you send the *full* bootup log, including the command lines you
used?

I noticed that you have the 'radeon' drm module loading too; that may be
causing problems. Are you running X when you try to suspend/resume?

Also, since you're using a Ferarri 4000, are you using the stock 3A23
BIOS/DSDT, or are you using the patched DSDT from http://acpi.sf.net?

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^