Re: RFC - 2.6.19-rc5-mm1 Documentation/Changes cleanup

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 13:20:32 EST

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:06:40 +0100, Adrian Bunk said:

> > o util-linux 2.10o # fdformat --version
> > +o mount ??? # mount --version
>
> mount is part of util-linux.

Yeah, I know, but ver_linux reports both for some reason.

> > o pcmciautils 004 # pccardctl -V
> > +o pcmcia-cs ??? # cardmgr -V
>
> This was just removed - pcmcia-cs support was scheduled to be removed
> in November 2005 (sic), and I hope it won't take too long until it will
> finally be removed.

And I *just* submitted a patch to actually report pcmciautils version. :)
If ver_linux was only reporting pcmcia-cs version, it probably should be
mentioned here. Once we actually nuke it, we can certainly remove this
line and the related check in ver_linux.

> > +o Linuc C Library ??? # ldd /bin/sh
> > +o Dynamic linker (ldd) ??? # ldd -v or ldd --version
> > +o Linux C++ Library ??? # ls -l /usr/lib/libstd++.so
>
> I don't think these make much sense.

I was particularly mystified by the C++ reference in ver_linux. But apparently
somebody felt it was important enough to report, and I was basically just trying
to get the two things in sync. Probably a good place for a 'N/A' or such.