Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Fwd: [Suspend-devel] resume not working on acer ferrari 4005 with radeonfb enabled

From: Christian Hoffmann
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 19:55:42 EST

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 23:07, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > I tried that patch, but the last message I see over netconsole (using
> > tg3) is: Suspending console(s)
> > and then nothing. Nothing on resume at all :(
> >
> > Adding some printks in the radeonfb_pci_suspend and radeonfb_pci_resume
> > (radeon_pm.c) didn't help: I don't see them. But I am not a kernel
> > programmer at all, so I might do something wrong or in the wrong place.
>
> Does it resume if you make radeon_pci_resume() a nop ?
>
> Of course, the fbdev will not come back, but will the machine overall
> resume ?
>
> Ben.
Yes, if i make radeon_pci_resume a nop, the machine resumes if i do a return 0
immediately.
I think I tracked it down to the call to acquire_console_sem() as the
following code makes the machine hang again:

int radeonfb_pci_resume(struct pci_dev *pdev)
{
struct fb_info *info = pci_get_drvdata(pdev);
struct radeonfb_info *rinfo = info->par;
int rc = 0;
if (pdev->dev.power.power_state.event == PM_EVENT_ON)
return 0;
if (rinfo->no_schedule) {
/* if (try_acquire_console_sem())*/
return 0;