Re: Kernel list rejecting my email - braindead list

From: Marc Perkel
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 22:54:57 EST

--- David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Marc Perkel <mperkel@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:12:56 -0800 (PST)
>
> > So what? Yes sometimes the spam coming through
> this
> > list triggers a bounce. So what?
>
> I verified each and every time that I removed you
> (at least 6 or 7
> seperate occaisions) that your site was bouncing
> repeatedly for
> completely normal postings, not spam.
>
> And I don't remove when you bounce "once", I do it
> when your address
> generates a series of bounces that doesn't look like
> it will end any
> time soon.
>
> You've had to resubscribe multiple times, at what
> point would it have
> occured you to ask postmaster here what the problem
> was so that you
> could go ahead and correct it?
>
> Your address caused problems on a continual and
> repeated basis.
> We're not talking about isolated bounces.
>
> Anyways, all of this talk is about you defending
> yourself. There has
> been no talk so far of correcting the problem, what
> you're going to do
> in the future to prevent this from reoccuring so
> that I can remove the
> block of your email address.
>
> And a maybe even a nice little "sorry about that".

If anyone should be sorry it should be you for taking
me off the list in the first place. Why are you
removing users every time a message bounces? That's
extremely abnormal. I am part of a lot of lists and I
have never seen anyone delete people based on a
trivial number of bounces. Especially on a list that
has as uch spam as this list does.

I bounce some messages - so what?

The problem is that if this list kicks people off
wrongly them the fault is with the list configuration.
What you should be doing is fixing the list and not
kicking people off the list.