re: pdc202xx_old+suspend+smartctl -> hard lockup

From: Tobias Oed
Date: Wed Nov 15 2006 - 21:02:40 EST

>Hi!
>
> > Hello, if I run
> > smartctl -s on /dev/hde
> > after suspending my machine to ram (echo mem > /sys/power/state), it >locks
> > up with nothing on serial console, and no sysrq.
> > If I move hde to hdd, I don't have the problem, so I suspect the problem
> > comes from my (on board) pdc20265 ide controller and not the drive.
> > This is a fc6 system running a vanilla 2.6.18 kernel (the fc kernels >have
> > the same issue) and smartd disabled.
>
>Does suspend-to-disk work on same machine?
> Pavel

Both suspend to disk and standby survive the smartctl -s on /dev/hde. It's only after resuming from suspend to ram that smartctl will hang the box.
Tobias.

Quick note to report that this problem is gone with 2.6.19-rc5
Thanks for a great kernel!
Tobias

Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces friends module. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk