Re: [e-mail problems] with infradead.org recipients

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Nov 19 2006 - 13:04:48 EST

Oleg Verych wrote:
Hi, guys. I have problems with you.

Is some special NS or route needed? I can add, no problem (ISP problems
are very unlikely, but possible ;).

Final-Recipient: RFC822; arjan infradead.org
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; canuck.infradead.org
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:27:52 +0100

Final-Recipient: RFC822; matthew wil.cx
Action: delayed
Remote-MTA: DNS; canuck.infradead.org
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:49:26 +0100
Will-Retry-Until: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:43:49 +0100

I bet this is greylisting on infradead.org. Greylisting will put unknown IPs into a database, and /temporarily/ reject the mail, asking for the remote mail server to queue it. Once $GREYLIST_TIME has passed, infradead.org will accept the email. This successfully filters out a lot of spammers, and broken SMTP servers that have broken retransmit [rules].

You probably need to fix the mail server delivering the mails to properly retransmit...

Jeff