Re: bug? VFAT copy problem

From: The Peach
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 14:42:49 EST

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:32:43 +0900
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I couldn't reproduce this for now. Could you tell mount options which
> you used? and after mount, "cat /proc/mounts", please.

# mount | grep vfat
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/iomega type vfat (rw,uid=1000,gid=100,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-15)

it seems only related to those kind of files, but I don't know how to inspect the "file properties" and why these files behave like this.
As you can see and with a strace made on cp, the files _seems_ to be copied with the correct case, whilst it isn't, as seen with "ls". This and other things let me think is a vfat problem.

--
Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin

ICQ UIN = 71110111
Jabber ID = smartart@xxxxxxxxxxx