Re: NTP time sync

From: Alessandro Zummo
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 17:53:44 EST

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:37:10 +0100
"Joakim Tjernlund" <joakim.tjernlund@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > the concept of static numbers is quite old...
>
> Yes it is old, but is the old way unsupported now? I have an embedded target
> which is using the old static /dev directory, do I need to make
> it udev aware to use newer features like the rtc subsystem?

That can be a good option. You can also do
a symlink to /dev/rtc0 in your boot scripts or simply
upgrade your hwclock to a version that accepts
the device as a parameter.

The old /dev/rtc name is not supported on the new rtc subsystem.

--

Best regards,

Alessandro Zummo,
Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy