Re: How to boot 2.6 kernel using hp ski simulator ???

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 03:50:06 EST

Please check out
for lots of info on Ski.

It works fine with Linux 2.6; and hugepage work too.

> 1) I used 'make ARCH=ia64 menuconfig' to configure and followed the
> steps to get kernel image of version 2.6 ! I also selected the generic
> type as Ski-simulator and also selected the HP-ski drivers something
> simscsi,etc.etc.

I suggest you start with
make sim_defconfig

Your symptoms look like a misconigured or misbuilt vmlinux. The sim_defconfig

If you're running on IA32, then you need something like:
make CROSS_COMPILE=ia64-linux-gnu ARCH=ia64 boot
to build kernel and bootloader.

You need to get or build yourself a disk image. Instructions for
building at

Dr Peter Chubb peterc AT ERTOS within National ICT Australia
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at