Re: [patch] x86_64: fix earlyprintk=...,keep regression

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 13:56:33 EST

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Or is there some reason you really _want_ "keep" to be different? If so,
> it should probably be commented on.

Hmm. Looking at the commit that broke, the "strstr()" was there
originally, so in that sense your patch is obviously the minimal and safe
one. So I'll apply it as-is after all, but I'd be even happier if somebody
cleaned this up a bit and sent a patch after I do 2.6.19 (which may well
be later today, I think the time has come).

Linus