Re: [perfmon] 2.6.19 new perfmon code base + libpfm + pfmon

From: William Cohen
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 12:28:27 EST

Stephane Eranian wrote:
Hello,

I have released another version of the perfmon new code base packages.

There is no major updates in this version compared to 061127. This is a convenience release so that people can use plain 2.6.19.

The perfmon2 kernel changes are:
- fix UP exit bug in system-wide mode where the active context
accounting was done incorrectly.
- MIPS update to correct register hardware addresses (Phil Mucci)

I have also released a new libpfm, libpfm-3.2-061204 with the
following changes:
- updated MIPS processor detection code

Also a new version of pfmon, pfmon-3.2-061204 with the following changes:
- fix various perfmon v2.0 compatibility bugs for IA-64
- fortify return values for read() (will Cohen)

Both libpfm and pfmon releases work with kernel-patch 061127 or 061204.

You can grab the new packages at our web site:

http://perfmon2.sf.net

Enjoy,

Some of the ptrace functions (e.g. ptrace_may_attach in perfmon_syscall.c) being used in the perfmon kernel patches will go away with the utrace patches: http://people.redhat.com/roland/utrace/

-Will