Re: can't boot : Spurious ACK with kernel 2.6.19

From: Alan J. Wylie
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 03:01:50 EST

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 00:00:13 +0100, Bernd Prager <bernd@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> I'm trying to upgrade to kernel 1.6.19. The boot process immediatly
> locks in a loop with the message: "atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on
> isa0060/serio0. Some program might be trying access hardware
> directly."

The above message is a result of the keyboard LEDs being flashed after
a failed boot.

See my posting
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/12/5/239
with a patch to suppress these repeated messages, so you can see what
the real problem is.

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,