Re: Display class

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 14:06:55 EST

On 12/6/06, Miguel Ojeda Sandonis <maxextreme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, here is the patch (against git7+displayclass) which moves auxdisplay/*
to video/display/* and start using the display class.

It is just a draft, but there isn't much code changed from -mm2.

- I would remove "struct device *dev, void *devdata" of display_device_register()
Are they neccesary for other display drivers? I have to pass NULL right now.

- I would add a paramtere ("char *name") to display_device_register() so we
set the name when registering. Right now I have to set my name after inited,
and this is a Linux module and not a person borning, right? ;)

- I would add a read/writeable attr called "rate" for set/unset the refresh rate
of a display.

- I was going to maintain the drivers/auxdisplay/* tree.
Are you going to maintain the driver? I think so, just for being sure.

I meant display driver (display/*).

P.S.

When I was working at 2.6.19-rc6-mm2 it worked all fine, but now
I have copied it to git7 I'm getting some weird segmentation faults
(oops) when at cfag12864bfb_init, at mutex_lock() in
display_device_unregister module... I think unrelated (?), but I will

I meant display_device_unregister function of display-sysfs.c

--

The changes have been made in driver/video/display/cfag12864bfb.c, so
please focus the review on it.

Thanks