Re: 2.6.19 file content corruption on ext3

From: Phillip Susi
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 11:50:46 EST

Marc Haber wrote:
I went back to 2.6.18.3 to debug this, and the system ran for three
days without problems and without corrupting
/var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin. After booting 2.6.19 again, it took three
hours for the file corruption to show again.

I do not have an idea what could cause this other than the 2.6.19
kernel.
<snip>
I'll happily deliver information that might be needed to nail down
this issue. Can anybody give advice about how to solve this?

I'd say start git bisecting to track down which commit the problem starts at.