Re: RFC: PCI quirks update for 2.6.16

From: Tomek Koprowski
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 15:46:41 EST

On Thursday 07 of December 2006 20:54, Jean Delvare wrote:

> > Tomasz Koprowski (1):
> > PCI: SMBus unhide on HP Compaq nx6110
>
> Bug #6944 might be related to this one, so I'd not include it in
> 2.6.16-stable.

Actually, the #6944 requires more investigation. I've noticed the
kacpid going to 100% cpu without the unhide patch applied as well. It
happens sometimes after dehibernation, putting the laptop to sleep
and waking it up again resolves the issue. I can't figure out why.

To be on the safe side I'd suggest dumping the patch, but I really
don't think it should fix anything.

Tomek

--
[ tomek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.koprowski.org ]