Re: [2.6.19-rc1][AGP] Regression - amd_k7_agp no longer detected

From: Kevin Puetz
Date: Sun Dec 10 2006 - 21:08:55 EST

Shawn Starr <shawn.starr <at> rogers.com> writes:

> On Friday 06 October 2006 2:08 am, Dave Jones wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:50:19AM -0400, Shawn Starr wrote:
> > > When loading amd_k7_agp nothing appears from kernel, no information
> > > about the AGP chipset/aptreture size etc. Even putting kprints inside
> > > the probe() function of the driver does not get called.
> >
> > Even as the first thing in agp_amdk7_probe() ?
> ... (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/453869)

I'm hitting this problem too, and as it's still present in the 2.6.19 final, I'm
assuming you never got enough information to chase it. I found the following
note in the debian BTS that seems relevant:

I can confirm that if I remove the amd76x_edac module and reload amd_k7_agp, it
detects the aperture. If I then reload radeon.ko and X, I get DRI (and AIGLX).
So hopefully that's a lead to what might have changed...