Re: drivers/video/aty/radeon_backlight.c

From: James Cloos
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 10:34:00 EST

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Hanselmann <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

JimC> Are there any dependencies in $subject which would preclude
JimC> changing drivers/video/Kconfig ....

Michael> Yes.

Ok. Thanks.

JimC> is radeon_backlight.c only functional when -DCONFIG_PMAC_BACKLIGHT,
JimC> even though the pmac routines are all ifdef'ed?

Michael> Did you actually test wether it works? As far as I know,
Michael> only Apple (PowerPC) hardware uses these registers yet
Michael> and have no use anywhere else.

No, I only noticed the file by coincidence and wanted to find out
about it before testing.

Thanks for the quick reply!

-JimC
--