Re: hrtimer.h

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 20:09:48 EST

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 01:42 +0100, Ariel Chÿffffe1vez Lorenzo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since the kernel 2.6.18 has incorporated the high
> resolution timer itself, I'm trying to test it, but on
> my GNU/Debian I can't figure out how to include
> hrtimer.h, that is on /usr/src/linux/include/, the
> headers.
>
> I use the following command to try to compile it.
>
> gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I /usr/src/linux/include ex.c
>

> ex.c is just the inclusion of hrtimer.h
>
> #include <linux/hrtimer.h>
> int main()
> {
> return 0;
> }

As stated, the kernel headers have nothing to do with user space code.

But I'll educate you a little more.

First, high resolution timers are not in 2.6.18. The hrtimers are, but
the actual meat that makes them high resolution wont be in until
(hopefully) 2.6.20 (or perhaps a little later).

To use the high resolution timers (when they are in), you don't need to
do anything special. nanosleep, and all the posix timers will get them
automatically.

-- Steve