Re: 2.6.19 kernel series, SATA, wodim (cd recording), synapticsupdate,

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 08:59:20 EST

>CD recording : recorder no longer detected by "wodim" software set in
>2.6.19. I suspect it's a bug in the software... but don't know where
>to look for changes. 2.6.19-rc5 worked.
>hardware: IDE MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-820S
>(2.6.19-git6 also fails with external LiteON USB DVD burner)

I recommend to check the latest cdrtools packet from:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

At the same place, there is a patch for recent Linux systems
that allows cdrecord to sense the MAX DMA size for USB.

Do not use cdrecord derivates but the original as derivates may have bugs
that are not present in the original.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin