Re: Abolishing the DMCA (was GPL only modules)

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 16:33:28 EST

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 01:09:06PM -0800, Michael ODonald wrote:
> PS: I encourage Greg and all developers who were initially in favor
> of enforcing the GPL-only module policy to stand strong on this
> important issue.

I think you missed the point that my patch prevents valid usages of
non-GPL modules from happening, which is not acceptable. The GPL comes
into play when the code is distributed, not when it is run. Because of
this, such a check like I did hurts people who are complying by the GPL
license of the kernel.

thanks,

greg k-h