[ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng

From: Karel Zak
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 02:52:30 EST

I'm pleased to announce a new "util-linux-ng" project. This project
is a fork of the original util-linux (2.13-pre7).

The goal of the project is to move util-linux code back to useful state, sync
with actual distributions and kernel and make development more transparent end
open.

The short term goals (for 2.13 release):

- remove all NFS code from util-linux-ng
(/sbin/mount.nfs from nfs-utils is replacement)
- remove FS/device detection code
(libblkid from e2fsprogs or libvolumeid is replacement)
- move as much as possible patches from distributions to upstream

Mailing list:
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#util-linux-ng

FTP:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux-ng/

GIT:
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git util-linux-ng

[Note, GIT repo contains previous 47 versions of util-linux.]

The mailing list or my private e-mail are open for your patches, ideas and
suggestion. The mailing list is also place where you can help us review
patches.

Karel

--
Karel Zak <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>