Re: [KORG] Re: kernel.org lies about latest -mm kernel

From: Dave Jones
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 09:37:38 EST

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 11:39:51PM -0800, J.H. wrote:

> I'll have to look into it - but by and large the round robining tends to
> work. Specifically as I am writing this the machines are both pushing
> right around 150mbps, however the load on zeus1 is 170 vs. zeus2's 4.
> Also when we peak the bandwidth we do use every last kb we can get our
> hands on, so doing any tunneling takes just that much bandwidth away
> from the total.
>
> Number of Processes running
> process #1 #2
> ------------------------------------
> rsync 162 69
> http 734 642
> ftp 353 190

A wild idea just occured to me. You guys are running Fedora/RHEL kernels
on the kernel.org boxes iirc, which have Ingo's 'tux' httpd accelerator.
It might not make the problem go away, but it could make it more
bearable under high load. Or it might do absolutely squat depending
on the ratio of static/dynamic content.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk