Re: [patch] aio: fix buggy put_ioctx call in aio_complete

From: jmoyer
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 11:54:48 EST

==> Regarding RE: [patch] aio: fix buggy put_ioctx call in aio_complete; "Chen, Kenneth W" <kenneth.w.chen@xxxxxxxxx> adds:

kenneth.w.chen> I think I'm going to abandon this whole synchronize thing
kenneth.w.chen> and going to put the wake up call inside ioctx_lock spin
kenneth.w.chen> lock along with the other patch you mentioned above in the
kenneth.w.chen> waiter path. On top of that, I have another patch attempts
kenneth.w.chen> to perform wake-up only when the waiter can truly proceed
kenneth.w.chen> in aio_read_evt so dribbling I/O completion doesn't
kenneth.w.chen> inefficiently waking up waiter too frequently and only to
kenneth.w.chen> have waiter put back to sleep again. I will dig that up and
kenneth.w.chen> experiment.

In the mean time, can't we simply take the context lock in
wait_for_all_aios? Unless I missed something, I think that will address
the reference count problem.

Thanks,

Jeff