Re: Binary Drivers

From: Tomas Carnecky
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 13:53:02 EST

Erik Mouw wrote:

"However, we thought the legal and technical expense involved in
writing this binary driver and possibly violating the Linux kernel
copyright was well spend."

So Microsoft is right, the legal status of Linux software _is_ unclear. You just gave them every reason to continue their campaign against Linux. <Don't use Linux, its legal status is unclear, you may get sued>.

The problem is, nobody wants to decide what to do with closed source software in Linux. I don't care how you decide, for or against binary drivers (well, actually I do but my opinion doesn't matter), just decide already!

tom