Re: Linux 2.6.20-rc2: forgot how to make a zImage on powerpc?

From: Mark Glines
Date: Sun Dec 24 2006 - 17:06:16 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
(much of the latter syntactic cleanups). And arm and powerpc updates.

Hmm. I'm trying to build 2.6.20-rc2 on a little powerpc box with arch/powerpc/configs/linkstation_defconfig, and I get:

paranoid@kuro-2 /usr/src/linux $ make zImage
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
HOSTCC scripts/basic/docproc
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/conf.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
[snip lots of buildspam]
LD lib/zlib_deflate/built-in.o
LD lib/zlib_inflate/built-in.o
GEN .version
LD .tmp_vmlinux1
KSYM .tmp_kallsyms1.S
AS .tmp_kallsyms1.o
LD .tmp_vmlinux2
KSYM .tmp_kallsyms2.S
AS .tmp_kallsyms2.o
LD vmlinux
SYSMAP System.map
SYSMAP .tmp_System.map
MODPOST vmlinux
ln: accessing `arch/powerpc/boot/zImage': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/boot/zImage] Error 1
make: *** [zImage] Error 2

So, uh, are we forgetting to go into the right subdirectory to make the actual zImage, or what? If I'm just doing something wrong, I'd love to know what it is.

I'll follow up here on lkml if I diagnose this further. Thanks,

Mark