What's in git.git (stable) and announcing GIT 1.5.0 preview

From: Junio C Hamano
Date: Mon Dec 25 2006 - 22:24:04 EST

GIT v1.5.0 preview

This is not yet -rc1 where all new topics close, but I think it
is getting pretty closer. I'd still want to merge updates to
fsck/prune to honor reflog entries before -rc1.

I think there are quite a lot of documentation updates remaining
after that. There is no patch for "fixed HEAD" yet, and while I
would not object people to try to get it working in time, it is
purely a feature enhancement and does not have backward
compatibility issues, so it does not have to block v1.5.0; it
can wait for later releases. So is sliding mmap().

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement.

Alexandre Julliard (1):
vc-git: Ignore errors caused by a non-existent directory
in vc-git-registered.

Brian Gernhardt (2):
Keep "git --git-dir" from causing a bus error.
Make git-show-branch options similar to git-branch.

Eric Wong (3):
Remove NO_ACCURATE_DIFF options from build systems
git-svn: enable common fetch/commit options for dcommit
Makefile: add quick-install-doc for installing pre-built manpages

Johannes Schindelin (4):
move read_mmfile() into xdiff-interface
Add a test for git-rerere
Make git-rerere a builtin
commit-tree: encourage UTF-8 commit messages.

Junio C Hamano (19):
git-add --interactive
git-add --interactive: hunk splitting
revision: --skip=<n>
merge and reset: adjust for "reset --hard" messages
default pull: forget about "newbie protection" for now.
Do not support "partial URL shorthand" anymore.
Really fix headers for __FreeBSD__
git-tag: lose exit after die
Allow branch.*.merge to talk about remote tracking branches.
git-add --interactive: add documentation
match_pathspec() -- return how well the spec matched
git-rm: update to saner semantics
t3600: update the test for updated git rm
git-rm: Documentation
read_directory: show_both option.
git-add: add ignored files when asked explicitly.
git-add: warn when adding an ignored file with an explicit request.
git-add -f: allow adding otherwise ignored files.
GIT v1.5.0 preview

Nicolas Pitre (1):
checkout: make the message about the need for a new branch a bit clearer

Robert Fitzsimons (16):
gitweb: Add missing show '...' links change.
gitweb: optimize git_get_last_activity.
gitweb: optimize git_shortlog_body.
gitweb: optimize git_summary.
gitweb: Use rev-list pattern search options.
gitweb: Require a minimum of two character for the search text.
gitweb: Allow search to be disabled from the config file.
gitweb: Paginate commit/author/committer search output
gitweb: Add parse_commits, used to bulk load commit objects.
gitweb: We do longer need the --parents flag in rev-list.
gitweb: Change summary, shortlog actions to use parse_commits.
gitweb: Change log action to use parse_commits.
gitweb: Change header search action to use parse_commits.
gitweb: Change atom, rss actions to use parse_commits.
gitweb: Change history action to use parse_commits.
gitweb: Use rev-list --skip option.

Shawn Pearce (4):
Use extended SHA1 syntax in merge-recursive conflicts.
Display 'theirs' branch name when possible in merge.
Rename gitfakemmap to git_mmap.
Switch git_mmap to use pread.