Re: moxa serial driver testing

From: Sergei Organov
Date: Wed Dec 27 2006 - 10:31:22 EST

Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> > Could you test the patch below, if something changes?
>>
>> Just tested with low_latency commented out. Still oopses:
>>
>> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000008
>> printing eip:
>> f8f1730f
>> *pde = 00000000
>> Oops: 0000 [#1]
>> SMP
>> Modules linked in: nvidia agpgart ipv6 nfs lockd nfs_acl sunrpc dm_mod sr_mod sbp2 ieee1394 ide_generic ide_disk e1000 snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss snd_pcm snd_timer i2c_i801 tsdev psmouse snd soundcore snd_page_alloc i2c_core serio_raw parport_pc parport mxser_new evdev floppy pcspkr rtc ext3 jbd mbcache usb_storage usbhid ide_cd cdrom sd_mod uhci_hcd piix usbcore skge ata_piix libata scsi_mod generic ide_core thermal processor fan
>> CPU: 0
>> EIP: 0060:[<f8f1730f>] Tainted: P VLI
>> EFLAGS: 00010046 (2.6.18-3-686 #1)
>> EIP is at mxser_receive_chars+0x21b/0x249 [mxser_new]
>
> Yes, port->tty still somewhere becomes NULL -- does this patch help?

In addition to my previous answer. I've performed the same tests with
regular PC serial port. The issues with "Disabling Irq #N" and with I/O
error on open() exist with this port as well, so they aren't
mxser-specific. I wasn't able to reproduce oopses, so they do seem to
be mxser-specific.

-- Sergei.