Re: BUG: scheduling while atomic, new libata code

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 17:47:06 EST

On 12/28/06, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 28 December 2006 03:16, Jon Smirl wrote:
> BUG: scheduling while atomic: hald-addon-stor/0x20000000/5078
> [<c02b0289>] __sched_text_start+0x5f9/0xb00
> [<c024a623>] net_rx_action+0xb3/0x180
> [<c01210f2>] __do_softirq+0x72/0xe0
> [<c0105205>] do_IRQ+0x45/0x80

This doesn't seem to be related to libata at all. Like your
first trace, you call schedule from a softirq context, which
is always atomic.
The only place where I can imagine this happening is the
local_irq_enable() in there, which can be defined in different
ways.
Are you running with paravirt_ops, CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT
and/or kernel preemption enabled?

Forgot this,
# CONFIG_PARAVIRT is not set

CPU is 2.8Mhz P4, no virtualization capabilities.

Arnd <><

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx