Re: 2.6.20-rc2: known unfixed regressions

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 18:21:42 EST

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> In Linus' tree, it currently only depends on EXPERIMENTAL.
>
> It seems commit 009af1ff78bfc30b9a27807dd0207fc32848218a wasn't intended
> for Linus?

I think we should just remove it.

It's broken.

Nobody cares.

If people want to do concurrent stuff at bootup, it should be the _other_
buses (like USB, IDE or SCSI or anything like that, that actually has
operations that can delay) that end up asynchronous. And I think we could
have some generic functionality for the drivers themselves to do their
probing in parallel. But I think the PCI one was just a mistake.

Linus