Re: 2.6.19 file content corruption on ext3

From: maximilian attems
Date: Fri Dec 29 2006 - 13:51:23 EST

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 10:02:53AM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 10:23:14AM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 11:21:21AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
<snipp>

> > > The only notable VM patch in Fedora kernels of that vintage that I recall
> > > was Ingo's 4g/4g thing.
> >
> > no the fedora 2.6.18 kernel is affected.
>
> I wasn't denying that, but Linus was talking about a 2.6.5 Fedora kernel.
>
> > it carries the same -mm patches that Debian backported
> > for LSB 3.1 compliance.
>
> The only -mm stuff I recall being in the Fedora 2.6.18 is
> the inode-diet stuff which ended up in 2.6.19, though the xmas
> break has left my head somewhat empty so I may be forgetting something.
> What patch in particular are you talking about?

it's no longer visible in the FC6 cvs, due to rebase
but it's name was linux-2.6-mm-tracking-dirty-pages.patch
it is an earlier almagame of the merged patch serie:
- mm: tracking shared dirty pages
- mm: balance dirty pages
- mm: optimize the new mprotect() code a bit
- mm: small cleanup of install_page()
- mm: fixup do_wp_page()
- mm: msync() cleanup (closes: #394392)

--