Re: any chance to bypass BIOS check for VT?

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Sat Dec 30 2006 - 04:15:23 EST

Jeff Chua wrote:
kvm: disabled by bios

I know this has been asked before and the answer was no. Does it still
stand or is there a way to bypass the bios? I'm using Lenovo X60s and
there's no option to enable VT in the BIOS setup.

When it says "disabled by bios" it means what it says. There is no workaround other than going to the bios and enabling it; if your bios doesn't support enabling VT, complain to your vendor.

/proc/cpuinfo shows "VMX".

Another question ... how to enable "mouse" in KVM?

A ps/2 mouse should be enabled automatically. What makes you think it is disabled?

kvm questions are best asked on kvm-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, where the developers and many users hang out.