Re: Suspend problems on 2.6.20-rc2-git1

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sun Dec 31 2006 - 11:28:44 EST

On Sunday, 31 December 2006 14:27, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Sunday, 31 December 2006 09:15, Robert Hancock wrote:
> > Having some suspend problems on 2.6.20-rc2-git1 with Fedora Core 6.
> > First of all the normal user interface for hibernate isn't working
> > properly while it did in 2.6.19. When you select "Hibernate" it seems to
> > stop X and go into console mode but somehow doesn't seem to actually
> > start the process of suspending. I'm not sure at what point it is failing.
> >
> > Secondly, if you try and suspend manually it claims there is no swap
> > device available when there clearly is:
> >
> > [root@localhost rob]# cat /proc/swaps
> > Filename Type Size Used
> > Priority
> > /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01 partition 1048568 0 -1
> > [root@localhost rob]# echo disk > /sys/power/state
> > bash: echo: write error: No such device or address
>
> Hm, at first sight it looks like something broke the suspend to swap
> partitions located on LVM. For now I have no idea what it was.

_Or_ something broke your initrd setup.

If your swap partition is on an LVM, some initrd script should take care of
setting it up for the suspend. If it fails, the kernel won't be able to
suspend to this partition.

Greetings,
Rafael

--
If you don't have the time to read,
you don't have the time or the tools to write.