Re: [patch] aio: add per task aio wait event condition

From: Zach Brown
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 20:23:55 EST

That is not possible because when multiple tasks waiting for events, they
enter the wait queue in FIFO order, prepare_to_wait_exclusive() does
__add_wait_queue_tail(). So first io_getevents() with min_nr of 2 will
be woken up when 2 ops completes.

So switch the order of the two sleepers in the example?

The point is that there's no way to guarantee that the head of the wait queue will be the lowest min_nr.

I got list_add() from the add_wait_queue() still being used in wait_for_all_aios(), fwiw. My mistake.

- z