Re: Section mismatch on current git head

From: Vivek Goyal
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 01:00:31 EST

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 09:47:10AM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:24:41 +0100 Thomas Meyer wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > What kind of problem is this:
> > 1.) the one that should be fixed, but also can be ignored or
> > 2.) the one that have to be fixed and ignorance is a bad idea?
> >

> Is this with CONFIG_RELOCATABLE=y?
> There were some patches posted to address section mismatches
> with that config option. I suppose that they will be in the
> next -mm release (?), so this needs to be retested with
> those patches applied.

Hi Randy,

I have posted some patches. But there are lots of warnings and I am
still working through the rest. Already posted patches are available
in rc2-mm1.

Any help from respective subsystem maintainers is appreciated. :-)

These problems are already present. CONFIG_RELOCATABLE=y just makes
them visible to MODPOST as relocatation information is retained in
vmlinux if CONFIG_RELOCATABLE=y.

Thanks
Vivek