Re: ata1: spurious interrupt (irq_stat 0x8 active_tag -84148995sactive 0x0) r0xj0

From: bbee
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 11:51:30 EST

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Tejun Heo wrote:
bbee wrote:
Yeap, I have major issues with SDB FISes which contains spurious
completions but most other spurious interrupts shouldn't be dangerous
and I haven't seen spurious completions for quite some time, so I was
thinking either removing the message or printing it only on SDB FIS
containing spurious completions.

But, Andrew Lyon *is* reporting spurious completions. Now I just wanna
update those printks such that more info is reported only on spurious
SDB FISes.

That would certainly help verify that I'm having the exact same problem,
since Andrew didn't say anything about his drive going offline.

Okay.

Sorry, I thought you meant you would need to update it *further*. I applied the patch you gave to Andrew with this result so far:

$ dmesg | grep -A1 "spurious interrupt"
ata1: spurious interrupt (irq_stat 0x8 active_tag 0xfafbfcfd sactive 0x0)
ata1: issue=0x0 SAct=0x0 SDB_FIS=004040a1:00000008
--
ata1: spurious interrupt (irq_stat 0x8 active_tag 0xfafbfcfd sactive 0x0)
ata1: issue=0x0 SAct=0x0 SDB_FIS=004040a1:00000001

No luck yet triggering the exception.