S.M.A.R.T no longer available in 2.6.20-rc2-mm2 with libata

From: Ed Sweetman
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 20:58:37 EST

Not sure what went on between 2.6.19-rc5-mm2 and 2.6.20-rc2-mm2 in libata land but SMART is no longer available on my hdds. I'm assuming this is not the intended behavior.

In case this is chipset specific, IDE interface: nVidia Corporation CK804 Serial ATA Controller (rev f3)

I'm using Libata nvidia driver, the drives happen to be sata drives, but even the pata ones no longer report having SMART.