Re: [RFC,PATCHSET] Managed device resources

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 17:21:06 EST

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 12:18:33AM +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> This patchset implements managed device resources, in short, devres.

<good writeup snipped>

I like this. It feels a bit awkward, and creating a bunch of duplicate
functions is "messy", but I can't think of any other way to achive this.

Your writeup in this message is also quite good, care to add it to the
Documentation/ directory in the kernel?

> ## Patchset
>
> This patchset contains the following 12 patches and is against the
> current 2.6.20-rc2 (3bf8ba38f38d3647368e4edcf7d019f9f8d9184a).
>
> 01 : implement devres core
> 02-06 : implement managed resource interface for IO region, IRQ, DMA,
> PCI and iomap

Unless anyone objects, I'll add the first 6 patches here to my tree for
testing in -mm for a bit.

Hm, but I guess without the follow-up patches for libata, it will not
really get tested much. Jeff, if I accept this, what's your feelings of
letting libata be the "test bed" for it?

thanks,

greg k-h