Re: sonypc with Sony Vaio VGN-SZ1VP

From: Mattia Dongili
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 07:14:24 EST

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 11:02:03AM +0100, Stelian Pop wrote:

> > > Well, I can't do this either, because I just don't have the required
> > > hardware anymore.
> > >
> > > If someone want to step forward now it is a great time !
> >
> > I have the hw and I'd be happy to do some basic working on the code
>
> FYI, sonypi is also searching for a new maintainer, and it is quite
> closely related to sony_acpi...

Yes, probably the FnKeys stuff needs to worked out into a single driver
to ease it usage (I still remember some very old discussion about making
sonypi use the acpi methods to access the hw).

> If you are interested by the job, it is all yours. :)

Let's see if I can come up with something, I have also an ux50 that is
not very happy with current sonypi

Thanks
--
mattia