Re: [patch] paravirt: isolate module ops

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 11:19:18 EST

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 08:14 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(clts);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(read_cr0);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(write_cr0);
>
> mark these a _GPL export. Perhaps even mark the symbol deprecated, to be
> unexported once we fix raid6.

OK...

> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(wbinvd);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(raw_safe_halt);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(halt);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(apic_write);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(apic_read);
>
> these should be _GPL too. If any module uses it and breaks a user's box
> we need that big licensing hint to be able to debug them ...

OK. I GPLed the ones which I thought were really obscure, but I was
trying to follow existing policy of not _GPL'ing existing symbols.

Cheers,
Rusty.

PS. drm_memory.h has a "drm_follow_page": this forces us to uninline
various page tables ops. Can this use follow_page() somehow, or do we
need an "__follow_page" export for this case?