Re: Linux 2.6.20-rc4

From: Akula2
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 09:24:05 EST

On 1/7/07, Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> wrote:

There are distro mirrors on kernel.org, and the most famous ones
are downloaded by huge number of people on their release day. What
John explained is that the cumulated downloads during the 12 first
hours after FC6 releases totalized 13 TB of data sent to the net,
which is indeed 2 gig links at full load. Impressive !

Hmm got you. If that's the case can't we do away with the distro
mirrors since we have many mirrors & torrents? In this fashion we can
reduce huge loads I guess.

Or, is it sentimental to have a distro mirror on kernel.org because
this is the core kernel developer site?

Willy

~Akula2