Re: mprotect abuse in slim

From: Mimi Zohar
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 17:38:42 EST

SLIM implements dynamic process labels, so when a process
is demoted, we must be able to revoke write access to some
resources to which it has previously valid handles.
For example, if a shell reads an untrusted file, the
shell is demoted, and write access to more trusted files
revoked. Based on previous comments on lkml, we understand
that this is not really possible in general, so SLIM only
attempts to revoke access in certain simple cases.

Starting with the fdtable, would it help if we move the
fdtable tweaking out of slim itself and into helpers? Or
can you recommend another way to implement this functionality.

Mimi Zohar