Re: D-Link DFE-580TX adapter problems

From: Anders Karlsson
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 18:01:45 EST

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 21:12 +0100, Francois Romieu wrote:
> Anders Karlsson <trudheim@xxxxxxxxx> :
> [...]
>
> No message from the sundance driver in dmesg ?

# rmmod sundance mii
# modprobe sundance
# dmesg | tail
[138689.114754] sundance.c:v1.2 11-Sep-2006 Written by Donald Becker
[138689.114757] http://www.scyld.com/network/sundance.html
#

That is all that turns up (I stripped out the iptables messages that was
not relevant to the driver) at the end of the dmesg output. I have
checked the driver against the lspci output, the driver has the correct
PCI ID's in there, so this driver *should* work. In the past, it *has*
worked, but that was on a older kernel (2.6.8 or thereabouts).

If there are patches or tweaks to the driver, I am willing and able to
test them.

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim@xxxxxxxxx>