Re: Gaming Interface

From: Trent Waddington
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 01:17:08 EST

On 1/9/07, Dirk <d_i_r_k_@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried to get WoW installed with Cedega 5.2.9 for two days now.

Cedega is not a replacement for ports. And it does not encourage ports.

We're totally off topic now, but what the hell.. You wanna encourage
ports? Write a step by step guide on how to most easily port a modern
game from Windows to Linux. My suggestion would be to use winelib and
include all the workarounds needed to make the game compatible with
the DirectX support in wine.

As far as I'm aware, there is no such guide, so if a games company was
to decide to port their game to Linux (for whatever whacky reason)
they wouldn't even know how much work they have ahead of them.

Trent