Accelerated driver for linux 2.6

From: Rok Markovic
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 02:30:55 EST

Hi!

I would like to ask how can I start writing accelerated driver on linux. Right now I
am realy confused, because there is no real documentation about it (or I can't find one).
We get the documentation which is describing hardware (sort of?!) from manufactorer,
and that's it.

Target platform for this driver is linux 2.6 runing Qtopia application - without X server.

This message could be a bit confusing, but that is how I feel at the moment.

I am not planing to implement whole 3D accelerating (for now), but only implement 2D blit and
multisampling.

Cheers,
Rok Markovic