Re: 2.6.20-rc3 regression: suspend to RAM broken on Mac mini Core Duo

From: Luming Yu
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 09:51:28 EST

> > It didn't. It looks like it is unusable, becuase it isn't reliable in
> > 2.6.20-rc3.
>
> Is this issue still present in -rc4?

I used 2.6.20-rc4 in single user mode, and applied 2 patches from
netdev to get wake on LAN support. This way I was able to set up an
automatic suspend/resume loop. It looked good, but after e.g. 20
minutes, the resume hang. So it is reproduceable with 2.6.20-rc4.
Unfortunately, I can not test the same with 2.6.18, as the wake on LAN
patches need 2.6.20-rc.

Hmm, do you mean this is the first time of this kind of testing?
Is this issue related to LAN driver?
I guess you should be able to set up an automatic suspend/resume loop
with /proc/acpi/alarm, and test similar with 2.6.18.

--Luming