Re: Replace nopage() / nopfn() with fault()

From: Thomas Hellström
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 06:48:48 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 04:02:08PM +0100, Thomas Hellström wrote:

Nick,

We're working to slowly get the new DRM memory manager into the mainstream kernel.
This means we have a need for the page fault handler patch you wrote some time ago.
I guess we could take the no_pfn() route, but that would need a check for racing
unmap_mapping_range(), and other problems may arise.

What is the current status and plans for inclusion of the fault() code?

Hi Thomas,

fault should have gone in already, but the ordering of my patchset was
a little bit unfortunate :P

I will submit them to Andrew later today.

Nick

Thanks, Nick.

/Thomas.