Re: 2.6.20-rc5: known regressions with patches

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Jan 13 2007 - 11:21:49 EST

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 07:32:46AM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> > This email lists some known regressions in 2.6.20-rc5 compared to 2.6.19
> > with patches available.
>
> > Subject : KVM: guest crash
>
> This is not a regression from 2.6.19, since kvm did not exist in
> 2.6.19. In any case akpm has the patch and plans to merge it for
> 2.6.20 so I don't think anyone has to worry about this one.

I know, but a bug that is not present in 2.6.19 is a regression. ;-)

More seriously, I know it's a bit borderline to talk about a regression,
but I think listing things like crashes or compile errors in new
functionality makes sense - especially in such cases where it's about
tracking that a patch doesn't miss 2.6.20.

> - R.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.