Re: [Xen-devel] [patch 07/20] XEN-paravirt: paravirt sharedkernel pmd flag

From: Jan Beulich
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 03:58:08 EST

>>> Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> 13.01.07 02:45 >>>
>Xen does not allow guests to have the kernel pmd shared between page
>tables, so parameterize pgtable.c to allow both modes of operation.

I don't think the change to vmalloc_sync_all in this patch is necessary -
the mechanism exists solely for dealing with modular users of the die
notifier in the NMI case. Since there's no NMI visible to guests, I don't
think the mechanism is necessary; it could even be completely
circumvented for paravirtual guests.

Jan