Re: Proposed changes for libata speed handling

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 08:53:20 EST

BTW, for a solution to be complete, we need to halt all work on all other ports, when issuing SET FEATURES - XFER MODE. On SiI and Promise controllers, possibly others, the command is snooped and side effects such as register setting occur.

Long standing to-do. Currently we hack around this by serializing the bus probe, and preventing people from issuing SET FEATURES - XFER MODE from userspace.

Jeff